Friday, August 12, 2016

Wilde Lake - Laura Lippman (United States)

Started: July 24, 2016
Finished: Aug 12, 2016
Country: United States
This is the first book by Laura Lippman that I have ever read. I read it as part of a reading challenge. I think Ms. Lippman has been a well-respected author for quite some time. I gave this book 3 stars because I couldn't give it 2.5 stars. 

My issue about the book was that I was never very interested in some aspects of the personal life of the main female character - Lu - especially when the book  talked about Lu's relationship with Brash, a childhood friend of her brother. I just didn't care and kept wanting the storyline regarding the crime, or should I say crimes, to continue. The interruptions with the Lu/Brash storyline were annoyances to me - as though the author included them because she had decided that her book had to be a certain number of pages and used the Lu/Brash storyline as filler, to get her there.


I will admit I did not see the ending coming, so perhaps that justifies giving the book 3 stars. I may give the author another chance - this may not have been the best "first book" to read. In a few weeks I will be listening to a podcast that will be discussing this book, so perhaps I will post an update after that, as it may cause me to reconsider the rating and this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment